Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem NC
Tribble Hall, A303
10:30-11:20 "The Tiber as a Unifying and Dividing Theme in Statius' Silvae 1" Dustin Heinen (NCSU)
11:20-12:10 “Ennius’ Sacra Historia: Towards a Latin Euhemerism” Stephen Blaire (WFU)
12:10-1:00 Business Meeting (box lunch provided).
- Election of new Vice-President, and elevation of Christy Tucker (Covenant Day, Mathews NC) to President
- Report of the Treasurer
- News from The American Classical League
1:00-2:00 Roundtable on Oral Latin.
- 1:00-1:15. "Sensible Output: VoiceThread and an Experience of Latin Literature." John Oksanish (WFU)
- 1:15-1:30. The Mission of the Paideia Institute's New "Quintilian Society." Cecile Tougas (NCSSM)
- 1:30-2:00. Oral Latin and the Changing Latin Classroom. Discussion starting with Buck Holler (Christ Covenant School, Winterville NC)
2:00-2:50 “Poseidon Earthshaker: Evidence for the Cult of Poseidon as Earthquake God in the Roman Near East.” Robyn Le Blanc (UNCG)
For interested K-12 educators, a certificate will be provided indicating that this conference provides 3 1/2 contact hours of scholarly talks in the field of Classics and 0.35 Continuing Education units (CEU) in an academic subject area of World Languages.
Note: Local Education Agencies (LEAs) or districts and charter schools must approve professional development offerings.
To register, please complete this membership form for our records and pay annual dues at the meeeting by cash or check for $25 (students $15) made out to the North Carolina Classical Association. If time permits and you prefer to pay in advance, checks may be sent to Temple Eller, Treasurer NCCA, 7 Winterberry Ridge Ct., Greensboro NC 27407.